Tuesday, October 25, 2016

After dinner Sunday night I playfully asked Tom what he had baked for dessert (nothing) so yesterday when he picked up the steaks he also picked up a decadent chocolate cake.  And yes I certainly do know better.... but when he decided to have dessert last night I joined him.  So of course I was up late last night, until well after midnight.  



At least I was in the middle of a book I'm 'enjoying': The Last Good Girl by Allison Leotta.  Unless you have been living under a rock you must be aware that Rape Culture is alive and well in this country. "Inspired by real-life storeis, The Last Good Girl shines a light on campus rape and the powerful emotional dynamics that affect the families of the men and women on both sides."
Rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. Behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming,sexual objectification, trivializing rape, denial of widespread rape, refusing to acknowledge the harm caused by some forms of sexual violence, or some combination of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment