Friday, June 30, 2017

After I get back from the gym late this morning I'm hosting a mini Sew Day.  Perri and I have been having fun with our recent get-togethers over here, and today Wanda is going to be able to join us.  Marcie got added to the mix, and with Irene and Patti also slated to "stop in" it is turning into quite the party. 


 
Last night I whipped up a mega batch of chicken salad (to go with the hb eggs and strawberries & cantaloupe) for lunch, and Marcie is bringing over some of the chocolate chip cookies Hilda made, so we're not likely to go hungry.


When Marcie stopped by yesterday she brought me a list of all the dies she has for her (electric!) AccuCutter. I'm guessing that at some point (once she's all unpacked and moved in) this group of her "new best friends" will be playing in her sewing room! 


I was glad to see that her list included the most important, a 2.5" strip cutter.  I'd like to turn at least some of my scraps into useable pieces for a (sort of) jelly roll quilt.



And speaking of sewing play dates, the Valley of the Sun group is having a get-together for the "locals" on July 8th because one of the out-of-town members will be visiting.  I've been invited, and thinking of attending.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment