Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Yesterday's doctor appointment went well, although he did add another drug to my daily regimen: a baby aspirin to help prevent a stroke.  I can get those when I buzz up to Walgreens later to pick up the prescriptions that were called in yesterday.  Dentist appointment also went well.

  

Then I took care of some phone calls during the afternoon. Friday is our target take-off date - and also when FedEx expects be delivering a package that requires a signature.  So I checked with Estera and she will be home and able to take delivery.



Then I tracked down Pat Knoechel's (QIAD) phone number for Gail Duffy, one of the Night Owls.  After last November's presentation (when we had invited Night Owls to join us) they enjoyed it so much that they had signed Pat up to do one for them this November.  Unfortunately, when trying to touch base with her recently and firm up details it turned out that the phone number they were using had been disconnected.  Turns out that someone had just written down the last digit incorrectly.



Part of yesterday was spent mucking my quilting area.  While I didn't quite finish, I made a very impressive dent in it.  It's looking good, and also 'looking good' to be on my agenda to finish up today.  But before I could get to that this morning, Kathi stopped by as promised with two large bags of fabric she's never going to use.  She's been doing a clutter challenge all month; I've really enjoyed reading her daily updates on FB.  This one really cracked me up:

DAY #15 of the DECLUTTER CHALLENGE:
Me: What do you think about this glass jar?
Mark: I like it. Where will you put it?
Me (exasperated!): It's been on the kitchen counter for YEARS!
Mark (blank look): really?
Me: It's out of here! It hasn't been noticed so won't be missed (along with 14 other misc items that surely won't be missed!)

After a gentle reminder to Lisa of our imminent departure the end of this week, I finally got a list back yesterday of the books (boxes of which are currently stored in our garage) that she would like us to bring with us to San Francisco.  Of course between Alex's bed and Lisa's car crammed in there, the boxes were not get-at-able yesterday.  This morning Tom moved her car out and set the tall stack of boxes in one layer on the floor so I could rummage through to see what I can find.  Which was most of them, except (is anyone surprised?) the only one on the list that was marked "I really really want this one."  I even went through the boxes 3 times, so I really did give it my best shot.


We still haven't seen any rain from Odile (it did try to sprinkle yesterday for a couple of minutes, but it wasn't even enough to totally wet the patio) although it looks promisingly overcast this morning.  My money, however, is still on tomorrow, when we'll be getting irrigation.



Before it does rain, I'm off to Walgreens to pick up my meds.  And I'll drive Lisa's car, which needs an outing since it looks like it's going to be parked here for some time.  She doesn't need it in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment