Thursday, September 18, 2014

Our yard is underwater - but because of today's irrigation, not Hurricane Odile.  SHE didn't leave a drop in our neighborhood.



Today I played with some of the fabric that a friend dropped off yesterday, and made up a preemie quilt.  (Yes, Mom, I know I should have spent the time working on the wedding quilt...!)  The 18 'white' blocks were already cut and leftover from an earlier project; Kathi's happy hearts fabric worked well with them.  The quilt (currently 36"x36") still needs a border, but the fabric I cut and auditioned on the design wall doesn't work for me after all so I'll need to look for something else.  Now I'm thinking a solid red, but sadly none of the reds in my stash <sigh> are the right shade.


Yesterday we decided to put off our departure until Saturday, so I didn't pack today; will do that tomorrow.  


Speaking of travel, there was a situation at Sky Harbor this afternoon that shut down Terminal 4 (the one I always use) for hours. There was a shooting in Tempe, and the police chased one of the suspects to the airport, where he disappeared inside the parking garage at that terminal.  Although the terminal has now reopened, it sounds like it was real mess. No flights in/out for several hours, and all the travelers were evacuated to another terminal.  As if flying isn't stressful enough already!


No comments:

Post a Comment