Thursday, September 4, 2014

Tuesday night we had dinner across the street at Joy and Dick's; good food, good company.  Tom had never been in their house and enjoyed seeing all of Joy's collections.  As we were walking home later Alex was just getting home from his long weekend in Vegas.  He had a great time, and it didn't hurt that he had good luck at the craps table so the weekend ended up costing him very little.


Wednesday morning I took a wonky star class at Busy Bees (after zooming around in the morning trying to get organized and select/cut my fabrics.)  It's a fun pattern, but instead of making a table runner I think I'm going to use my blocks to make some placemats.


After the class I went out for a birthday lunch with Carolyn (we share our birthday) and Jan (her birthday was the day before) at Wildflower Bread Company.  As an added bonus to the delicious food, WBC includes free dessert on your birthday.  And we all know how scrumptious their chocolate cake is!!!


I had a wonderful birthday yesterday.  


Mom called in the morning to wish me a happy day, and Lisa called while I was at lunch. (I had her call back later so we could really talk.)  When I got home from lunch I opened my cards/gifts (thank you, everyone!) and continued celebrating at dinner over Tom's smoked brisket (it'd been tantalizing me all day with its aroma) with Joy and Dick as dining companions again.  They brought over some homemade ice cream for dessert.  


During the day I also got back a multitude of extremely positive comments on the picture of my challenge quilt that I'd e-mailed the night before to non-Foothills friends.  Maybe today I'll bind it.  Am really excited to show it off at the October meeting!



And I spent time reading yesterday; have almost finished my current book, All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr.  


It took me a few pages to get into it, but then I couldn't put it down.  I'm torn between wanting to finish it to see how it ends, and being sorry for story to end.  I've been enjoying his writing.


According to the weather folks we are going to get a respite from the heat this weekend, with temps in the 90s (!) because of rain chances Saturday/Sunday/Monday.  Naturally, since we're scheduled for irrigation on Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment