Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remember the flooding on I-10 Monday morning?  This is at 43rd Ave.


I found out yesterday that I know some folks who were stuck in the resulting 4-hour back-up.... on their way to the airport! Yes Viola and her husband missed the original leg of their flight, but happily they did eventually make it to their destination... in Israel.  Talk about a stressful travel day! 


On the plus side, Laura (who was driving them) had wanted to leave 30 minutes earlier, which is about when the flooding happened.  They could have been washed away!  But instead they were 'merely' inconvenienced.  Could have been much worse! (Easy for me to say, right?)



Went to JoAnn's this morning and picked up a packet of white buttons for Alex's dress shirt.   Virtually all the buttons are gone, as if (!) his shirt was just ripped wide open.  When I asked if that was what happened, I never did get an answer.  Must have been a fun evening...



Also got a bunch of new rotary cutter blades.  They sure do seem to get dull fast, but now I can replace them in all 3 cutters and (in theory) not have to worry about a dull blade for a while.



Dropped off the rest of that charity kitty fabric at cat-lover Carol K's, filled up my gas tank, and tried to pick up my prescriptions that I called in on Sunday.  Neither Rx was ready because both needed a doctor's okay - and my PCP has recently left the practice. (Sure would have been nice if Walgreens had called me when they found out they would not be able to fill my order...) I now have an appointment on Tuesday with a new doctor.

I made up the borders for the kitty quilt (narrow blue, wider green) and got 3 sides sewn on before Kaye and Teresa arrived this afternoon.  Teresa brought over the DVD of Bear, which I hadn't seen.  No real surprises in the 'plot', but the scenery was certainly beautiful and the cub was adorable.  Later we all enjoyed a good chicken dinner, with 3 different salads and some fruit.


I'm too tired to miter corners now so that'll have to wait until tomorrow morning.  Watch for a picture...




No comments:

Post a Comment