Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I delivered some Science News magazines and a bag of paper towel/toilet paper cardboards to Marcia at Park Meadows, then picked up some color cards at Ace Hardware; once it cools off some I am going to finally paint the wall in Alex's room. Next I delivered 3 birds' nests (one in a large oleander branch) to Tracy's, and then visited with Miss Betty for a couple of hours.  Betty gave me one of her early quilts, a pretty wall hanging she hand-quillted; lucky me! 


Lisa called while I was there, thinking she'd missed my birthday yesterday.  (Would have been difficult for me to bring her home from the hospital on my birthday if she hadn't been born yet... <g>) They partied hearty at her house over the holiday weekend, and apparently sleep was not part of the equation, so she's forgiven for mixing up the-day-before and the-day-after her own birthday.


Jeannie texted while I was out that my quilt was finished, so I got to pick it up this afternoon.  If I loved my challenge quilt before she worked her magic on it, I'm ecstatic now...WOW!  Sure wish I could post pix and show it off, but <sigh> gotta keep it a secret until after the October challenge.  


I was so thrilled with it that instead of coming straight home I buzzed over to show it off to Sheri at The Other Quilt Store.  She absolutely loved it (she'd seen the finished top already) and wanted to take a pic to post on FB.  But not until October.

No comments:

Post a Comment