Friday, September 19, 2014

I slept in until 6:00 - what a great feeling!


Of course I have lots to do today to get ready to blast off tomorrow, but thought I'd better take this chance to post some pix from my last trip first.

Here we are visiting the ruins at Mesa Verde (this was my 4th time there)

The mention of these ladders beforehand 
scared some folks away from taking the tour.



Out to dinner with Claire and Dwain



This formation was just one of the lovely sights 
on the beautiful drive through Paradox Canyon with them.



Next we visited 'Steve from Indiana' - at his new place in Colorado.


I loved the artwork displayed in his house - and was impressed when I (of the stick figures of lollipop trees) found out that his dad drew this one!



Can you identify all eight of these faces?



Tom, of course, enjoyed looking at some of Steve's collection.



Steve's even got a corner tang!


And these are some points he's knapped.  



Here I am enjoying Dinosaur National Monument.  (Hope I haven't already posted this.)  The wall of bones was just as impressive as I remembered from my first visit 30-some years ago.



And our last day, heading home, we had beautiful clouds; I just kept snapping away! All of these were taken (through the windshield) while on the move.







'One day' I plan for some of these pix (or parts of them) 
to end up in a landscape quilt!



Now just a reminder that after today, while 'on the road again', my posts will just be text without any pix to jazz them up.  Sorry - I know how much the pix add to everyone's enjoyment.


No comments:

Post a Comment