Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yesterday, while I was waiting for the lunch-crunch to dissipate at the bank and post office, I decided to call Aetna and see how close I am to meeting my annual medical deductible. (Yes they send me EOB quite regularly... but those are completely indecipherable and definitely not an explanation anything, merely a waste of paper and postage.)
According to Janet, I should 'only' <g> have had to pay $946 for my CT scan in July instead of a whopping $2380 (even the woman checking me in that day was astounded, and double checked.)  And sure enough, when I called Banner Boswell yesterday, Karen agreed that I am only responsible for $946. So she is going to credit the difference, over $1400, back into my account. Always nice to 'find' money! 


And speaking of found money:


And the good news just kept rolling in. The latest schedule was available online, and we have irrigation next Friday at a reasonable time, plus we don't have to do the gates on 35th Ave. Happy Dance Time :-)


By the time I ended up at the bank and the post office yesterday there were no long lines so I was in and out in short order, and it was off to the gym. I had my usual problems finding the machines I wanted (would be so much easier if they would just number the machines, like at some other gyms) and then figuring out how to adjust the various components to make the machine fit me. But when I went to Alex for help, Jim was there and ended up helping me. So it was almost like a free session. 

Alex came back home with me for his break and had dinner with us. He had a great time in Tahoe, and is looking forward to working a big event there over the New Year celebration in several months.

Did I mention that Pokey is in the doghouse?  
It's still too warm for that in the literal sense (certainly NO surprise in Phoenix in August...!) but while 'rearranging' the furniture on the patio the other day (she still has not figured out that she's no long the svelte young thing she used to be) she tipped over the table.  I'd left my 3-pronged flower 'vase' on it (sporting now-dead flowers picked before my trip), and while the table survived the tipping, sadly the vase did not.  I really liked that vase (which I got at the Renaissance Festival long, long ago) and now will have to keep my eye out for one of similar construction.  It was a shallow bowl with 3 narrow 'tubes' to hold a flower or two, and each tube had a hole at the bottom to allow the water to find its level inside, just perfect for displaying flowers from the yard.  At least it was! 

Our quarterly Bulk Trash pickup is coming up the end of the month, so I need to get serious about finishing up the hedge trimming in the Back 40.  But it's 8:00 now, and I may have missed my 'cool' window of opportunity.  Because we can't start piling stuff out by the street until the 24th or we face a fine, we have a staging area inside the fence, and will have to move that stuff a second time.  I noticed yesterday that somebody has already piled a stack of palm fronds on our property.  We are NOT a dumping ground, but unfortunately this happens with a certain amount of regularity around p/u time.  Tom, of course, is nice and neat with his piles, but dumpers (of course) usually aren't.  If we get cited in the next couple of weeks and have to move that pile inside (and then move it again to the outside), we won't be happy campers... but of course it could be worse!

"No day is so bad that it can't get worse"..... Don't know where I heard that recently, but it does give one pause.  Just watch the news and see how much real tragedy there is, then go ahead and laugh at your trials and tribulations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment