Sunday, August 4, 2013

Today was another fun-filled day; Marcela and I headed back to Long Beach for more quilt viewing. This time, though, we brought her mom with us, and Margarita really enjoyed seeing the beautiful artwork. The wheelchair came in handy getting to and from the parking lot, and the rest of the time she used it as a walker. The sections we had missed yesterday (the Hoffman Challenge, the Spring-themed quilts, and the Memories of Childhood) did not disappoint. Once I get home I definitely look forward to uploading all the photos I took this weekend and seeing them on the big computer screen instead of my small camera screen. I was also able to pick up a pattern they were out of yesterday, as well as a few other tools.

We stayed until closing, and then rendezvous-ed with Steve and Marge for an early dinner at their favorite Mexican restaurant. Once stuffed from dinner we dropped Margarita off at home and headed to see Ramona at her group home in Ontario. There had been a slight snafu and they weren't there yet, so we had some ice cream at 31 Flavors and then walked around the neighborhood for a bit. Ramona was happy to see us, introduce me to all her housemates, and take me on a tour of her lovely home.

By the time we got back here it was close to 10:00. Now it's time for bed. Tomorrow is going to be less busy - nothing on until late in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment