Thursday, August 15, 2013

Here I am, 'expressing my feelings' about trimming the hedges in the Back 40, which you can (sort-of) see in the background:
(Guess I have worn out these gloves with all my hard work...)

Here's a better view of the area:

 You can see I'm making progress getting rid of all the dead stuff
 and here are just a few of my piles in the staging area, 
waiting until we are allowed to put them out by the street.  
The piles are hidden from the house and yard view by the bushy olive trees - which is very nice because sometimes those piles have to sit out there for a few months.

As long as I was dirty and sweaty I figured it was a good time to sweep the front porch and the driveway.  Now the front is entirely finished and I'm as happy as this guy. 

Too bad the yard won't stay that way, 
but it does look great and gives me a feeling of accomplishment.

Thought I'd share some pix of the bird nests that I've been mentioning. This nest was quite hidden by dead branches before I got to work... but by the time I discovered the nest it was too late.


This nest is still pretty well hidden.  (The next 2 pictures have close-up views.)



Now I've finally stopped sweating and can take a shower.  At some point this morning I will head to the gym to work up yet another sweat.

Plans for the afternoon probably <g> include a (well-deserved?) nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment