Friday, August 2, 2013

The wedding quilt is winging its way to Texas as of yesterday afternoon!!!  I will miss having it around... Since I started it before I got sick, it's been a WIP and PhD for quite some time!  

On my way home from the post office I stopped in at Jeannie's to see what quilt she's working on now.  She had just finished quilting up the squares that run diagonally across the current quilt, and was playing with a new bubble pattern she'd just gotten.  When I left she was still having difficulties with it - but then I got this in my e-mail last night:

Figured it out, looks great

I'm getting geared up to start the next wedding quilt (for Jeff & Priscilla) but have to take a short break and 'finish' the Foothills Panel Challenge (translation: choose the panel, decide what to do with it, and hurry up and start it!) which is due at the meeting on September 11.  And as if there's not enough stress with that deadline, that's also the day I'm responsible for hosting the spread of goodies (along with Yolanda.)

In a bit I leave for the airport for my California trip to visit Marcela.  Tomorrow we'll do the big Long Beach International Quilt Show that we enjoyed so much a few years ago.  Sadly, this is the show's last year in Long Beach; it's moving to Portland! (No, nobody consulted me about whether I approved that move!)

While away I will (probably) still post,  but won't be able to add the picture embellishments that everyone enjoys so much.   

While that may be possible to do from my iPad (?)
I sure haven't figured it out yet!


1 comment: