Sunday, August 18, 2013

I am VERY happy to report that yesterday I felt better as the day progressed, and we did make it over to Jeannie and Rich's for the evening. Tom suggested we walk, but as steamy as it was out I opted to drive so we wouldn't arrive there dripping and aromatic.

We met their son Keith (same age as Jeff and Zach) and enjoyed burgers and fixings before we got down to the business of Mexican Train. It turned out to be a fun domino game (and even more so because I surprised myself and came in first?) 
Poor Tom came in 8th... as in last. <g>  Other players in our octet were Patricia (AQG president) and her daughter Annalisa, and Wanda, and Teri (both AQG ladies.) 

Over dessert (Teri had whipped up a scrumptious key lime pie) I got to hear some very interesting inside info on the upcoming quilt show. I'm always amazed at the politics involved (I've gotten to see some firsthand over the years at Busy Bees) because I 'just wanna have fun' and quilt! 

Another perk of the evening - we found out that Jeannie will gladly take a good portion of our mega lemon crop off of our hands this winter. It will be interesting to see if she can make a dent in it.

It was quite windy out during the evening so it was no real surprise that the pool was a mess this morning.  But that's all taken care of now, and now it's time to hop into the shower before Patti comes over in a bit.  We also heard from Lisa already this morning, and lunch is all set.


Enjoy YOUR Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Save me a lemon or two please, LOL. Thanks! Butch (who just found some recipes using lemons and their zest)

    ReplyDelete