Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's start this Friday off with a smile (or two).



Yesterday I was pulling out of the driveway, and stopped at the mailbox.  There were folks across the street trimming Joy & Dick's palm trees, and asked if we had any that needed some attention.  

His price sounded fair ($35 each) so I agreed to have them come over when they finished.  Since it looked like they were almost done with the palms, I pulled back into the garage and went back inside; errands would have to wait.  But it turned out that they were doing other trees over there also, so it was several hours before they rang the bell.

Of course they asked if I wanted anything else done (we do have quite the forest, and he did mention how heavy the Chinese Elms look out front.) I had him look at the cottonwoods, which have some serious dead limbs that are just waiting to crash down during the monsoon winds.

They did the palms, but since it was already pretty late by the time they got here they're coming back this morning to do the cottonwoods.  I'll be glad to get rid of those accidents-waiting-to-happen.  


Some big, heavy limbs have already come crashing down, and I consider us lucky that they didn't do any damage to person or property!

No comments:

Post a Comment