Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wednesday afternoon we went over to see Ted in the recuperation unit at Arbor Ridge. We walked through the gardens to get to his wing; I had never had any reason to visit anyone over there before, and was impressed with what a beautiful landscaped area it is, with lots of cheery flowers. One of the ponds had a mallard swimming lazily, and a statue of a reading girl nearby. On our way out, Mama Duck was on the grass with her five ducklings, a couple of which were straying rather far from her (at least until we got too near for their comfort, at which point they scurried over to her safety.) At least Mama did seem to be keeping a close, watchful eye on them as they explored.

Mom had warned me that Ted wasn't doing well, and not to be alarmed at how he looked - so she was amazed at the transformation since she had seem him the previous day. Obviously her visit had really perked him up and he was doing much better. She'll visit him again today, but then we'll be gone again for 3 days at the shore. I know he'll miss her and look forward to her return.

We had an early dinner Wednesday with Peggy (she and Mom have to be at their bridge game before 6:00) and I enjoyed seeing her again. Not much on my evening's agenda except relaxing with a book, and watching Jeopardy (I'm happy to report that I did get the Final Jeopardy question correct.)

This morning that computer woke me up at 3:25 am with its 4-note chime; last night before bed I had turned off the monitor but (obviously) not the speakers, and by 4:30 it was quite apparent I was not going back to sleep. Sigh. Could be a long day.

I should still be awake for our lunch date today with Judy - but am spending this afternoon/evening at Ed & Casey's, where it's not likely to be quite as relaxing... Charlie will be 7 this summer and Harry will be 5. Since I will be spending the night with Andy & Sandy that means I'll need to pack for the weekend today, probably this morning before we head out to lunch.

Just heard that a tornado touched down in Granbury, TX today, where my nephew and his wife live. They are both okay, and I will watch for further updates on the situation. Hopefully there was no loss of life, and injuries and property damage were minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment