Monday, May 20, 2013

The drive to the airport was uneventful, and there wasn't much of a wait curbside to check my bags. But the line to go through security was quite long and moved extremely slowly. Luckily I had allowed myself an hour, so I was doing okay. But the folks behind me only had 10 minutes before their flight - so I gladly let them go through the scanner ahead of me. (I know what that stress feels like!)

By the time I got to my gate (which was conveniently the first one) there was hardly any wait before we started loading. I got my favorite seat, the aisle in the next-to-last row, and had an adorable baby behind me. Nora behaved admirably the whole trip, quite a feat for an almost 10-month-old. We experienced a LOT of turbulence; I lost track of how many times the flight crew had to take their seats.

My luggage made the same trip I did (always nice) and Tom was there to collect me. On our way home Estera called and invited us to dinner. Willie was so thrilled to see me that he tried to drag me away from the table to play just as we started to eat! Julianna has changed a lot in the month I was gone (she's not quite 6 months old) and is much more aware of her surroundings now.

My goal is to stay awake until 9:00 (midnight in Maryland.) So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment