Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't you just love productive days?  
So far this morning I've raked up a can-load from the jungle, showered, been to the insurance office and paid the premiums for all 4 vehicles (my car was actually due yesterday, the other 3 tomorrow) for the next six months, deposited a check at the bank, filled up my car with gas, and made a 'quick' stop at the grocery store.  It practically took an Act of Congress to find the capers (and we all know how long it takes for Congress to accomplish anything!)

While raking this morning I noticed that during this past irrigation the water did not get up onto the small patio outside the master bedroom, proving that the yard did not get the usual amount of water.  So while I was off running all my errands, Tom strung together several of the pool implements (no alligators were handy) and cleaned out the underground pipe between the Back 40 and the backyard.  Apparently it was pretty clogged  (which may explain why we haven't been getting the full complement of water into the yard, while the Back 40 and central ditch threaten to overflow.)

At least there were no dead cats in there this time....

No comments:

Post a Comment