Saturday, April 27, 2013

Yesterday was not quite as laid back and relaxing as I had expected.  After I got my mani and pedi, a new lithium battery at the jewelry store for my watch (long overdue, and of course I don't want to 'run out of time' on my trip), and cash (always comes in handy!) I arrived back home to find out that we were meeting Alex on his dinner break at 5:00 for a Finished With Chemo celebration.  

Unfortunately we were scheduled to let the irrigation water go at 6:00, so I had to make arrangements for Ben or Estera to do that for us.  That certainly helped me enjoy my dinner without stressing out about getting home in time.  Also before I knew about our dinner plans Patti had texted me to see if it was okay to swing by and see me after work, and arrived shortly before we had to blast off for Carrabba's.

Dinner was delicious (always is - that's why I chose Carrabba's!)   I'd been hankering for one of their melt-in-your-mouth steaks, but when we got there I was enticed by one of my long-time favorites, tilapia nocciano.  By the end of dinner I was stuffed from their 'to die for' bread (love the wonderful herbs they add to their olive oil), a Caesar salad, al dente green beans, along with that delicious fish, and <gasp> could have skipped the Chocolate Dream cake... but Tom had pre-ordered one.  The three of us shared, but
I couldn't manage to eat my usual share, so Alex had to take up the slack there. He also got to visit with many of the employees still there from when he worked there.  And we got quite a surprise when Tom got the check - the manager (who stopped by to chat with us) ended up comping half of it, which was totally unexpected.

Once home I did some of that pesky last minute packing.  Pretty sure I've got everything, though that usually means I won't think of what I'm missing until we're already heading to the airport.  I watched a little Prison Break before bed (Tom crashed quite early - yesterday was his mow-the-ditch day, never an easy task) but I still have 3 episodes to go. I'll just have to hope to find some time here and there at Riderwood to head downstairs and finish it up before we head out over the big puddle.  Otherwise I could miss out on some sleep, 'wondering' LOL if it'll have a happy ending.  It's one exciting episode after another, and the twists just keep on coming.

Looks like this is my final entry for a bit.  

And unless something VERY unexpected happens, no more illustrations or photos to spruce up my prose.  Sorry, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment