Friday, April 19, 2013

Thanks to the AZ Republic (see, there are some good things about it) for the following article.

The article on this non-profit organization that is "dedicated to providing portable entertainment to child patients suffering from life threatening or terminal diseases such as Lymphoma, Leukemia, Myeloma, and other forms of cancer" struck a chord with me; when I started treatment, Marilyn (my sister) 'forced' me to get an iPad - which REALLY, REALLY, REALLY helped get me through the past 15 months.  

Here is Alex using her iPad during a visit.  
Despite my misgivings, she insisted that 'even' I could figure out how to use it.  And she was right!  Thank you, Marilyn!!!!!!!!!!  
While I spent months and months too tired to get out of bed or off the couch, it allowed me to keep up with my e-mail and Facebook accounts, blog, read books without holding bulky DTBs, watch Netflix, and (of course!) play games. 

I will be donating to the cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment