Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I had some things I still needed for my big trip, and realized yesterday that I couldn't put off a trip to the mall any longer.  I have always hated shopping, but guess it could have been worse... I wasn't trying to get my shopping done with a baby, a cranky toddler, and two other little ones in tow.  However I should have taken my cane - all that standing around (while the clerk checked in the back for me, or I waited in line to pay) made my back cranky.

Today was much better - I went to Busy Bees.  In addition to handing off the wedding quilt to Pennie (when I get it back, it will be stunning) I got to visit with the ladies, and admire some beautiful works in progress.

Jan is working on this beautiful applique!

Marjory is not an official Bee yet, but hopefully she'll sign on soon.  Look at this paper-pieced wall-hanging she was binding so she can mail it off to the lucky recipient tomorrow.  There are some very tiny pieces in the corner blocks - and we commiserated on how aggravating PP can be!

Speaking of tiny - check out these scissors:

This afternoon I rested my back, and later cleaned the pool and picked up Pokey Poop (I just did that a couple of days ago, but she is very prolific in that department) while Tom raked up two more barrelfuls of leaves over in the jungle.  The leaves seem to  have been impeding the flow of water during irrigation, but we're thinking/hoping that one more trash-pickup-cycle after this one should take care of what's left.

Tom was just coming in to start dinner now when Estera called.  She made too much, so we're invited over there to eat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment