Monday, April 1, 2013

This morning I picked up our taxes, 
and have to say that we got very good 'bottom line' news.  

Alex was not quite so happy with his - while the Grand Canyon State is giving him a small refund, Uncle Sam wants more money from him.

This afternoon Bella and crew cleaned, which means these guys have been (temporarily) banished:

  Tom got new filters for the air ducts although he hadn't yet gotten around to installing them.  Every time he changes them I 'get' <g> to clean the vents, which always a messy job.  And I certainly did not want to do that after the house was nice and clean.   So I 'let' the ladies clean the vents while they were here today.

This afternoon I also got a phone call from a 99-year-old woman named Gertrude.  She and her daughter Teresa are moving out of state, and want to donate their large quilting frame to someone who will use it.  It seems Gertrude got my name/number from someone at the hospital where Foothills Quilters holds our monthly Sew Day, and of course I am more than happy to find it a new home!  (If it turns out that none of the Foothills ladies want it, Busy Bees is planning a quilting yard sale in a couple of weeks.) Teresa even offered to deliver it (!) but I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.  Turns out it's not far from here; in fact it's about a block from Mary's house, so I 'might' have to pop in and say 'hi' to her.  

Today I worked on Mom's birthday gift, but unfortunately I was prevented from finishing <sigh> because I ran out of ribbon on the roll.  I'll just pick some up tomorrow after I get my pre-chemo blood drawn (the lab is right down the street from Michael's) and then I can finish up.

And that was my Monday.  
Hope YOU also had a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment