Thursday, April 25, 2013

I woke up really, really early today - guess I was just excited to get a start on this wonderful day.  Today is my last chemo!  (I'm bringing in brownies to get the party started.)
And speaking of parties, we had one here last night, with Alex and his roommate Clay, Kaye & Teresa (she brought some yummy pineapple upsidedown cake she'd baked), Rich & Susie, and Ben & Estera and the kids. Tom smoked a brisket and a pork butt, we finally had a chance to open that mega can of ranch beans, and there was also coleslaw and fruit and chips.  The meat came out better than ever (and that's no easy feat because it's always good!) and we all oinked out poolside.  Willie was pretty insistent about "bubbles, bubbles", but despite that I still managed to eat my fair share. 

Alex was thrilled to be offered a lot of the leftovers to take home.
Apparently he's been eating a LOT of PB&J sandwiches...

We checked the humming bird nest - the little one was sitting up with its (very) tiny beak open WIDE, waiting to be fed, but sadly we didn't see any sign of the parents.  
It's still dark outside this morning, but later on I'll go check and see if the baby is still with us.  Alex got a great shot on his camera, but he hasn't sent it to me yet.  When he does I'll share it.

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from the cruise line.  "Somehow" (?) they double-booked cabin 16, so we're being moved to cabin 23.  (Naturally I had just gotten around to filling out my luggage tag a few hours earlier.) Because the new cabin is closer to the engine room  <sigh> we're getting a refund of several hundred dollars, which is nice.  I'm just hoping that the noise does NOT keep us awake at night!

And now I'm off to watch some more of  the final season of Prison Break.  Not sure if I'll manage to finish it before I leave, although I'm giving it my best shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment