Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Today is the first "official" day of summer, though we've been at it for a while now.  


To celebrate the day our power went off at 10:15 this morning.  I called APS to report it, but the automated system wasn't working quite right so I had to wait to connect to a real person, which took about 15 minutes.  She said they were aware of the outage and were working to fix it, and the estimated time for restoration of service was 1:30.  


It was back on by 10:45.



Marcie called to see if we'd lost power; their auxiliary generator had switched on and she thought it might be a glitch - but turns out it was just doing exactly what it was supposed to.  While I was on the phone with her Joy also called to check if we'd lost power.  

Never a good thing when you're the only one who's lost power...



I made a trip over to Stardust, and this time they were open.

Stardust

It's an interesting place, and I found the perfect grate to cover the irrigation vault.  It was only $15, and just fit into my car.




This afternoon I made up the binding for Mia's quilt, and was half-way through sewing it on when I noticed ...



Just when I think I've made every possible mistake I learn that's not the case.  



So I got out my trusty seam ripper and then started over.  Even joined the tails!  "Sew" it's all ready to take to Foothills tomorrow for the hand-stitching. 

Also taking the baby aloes to see if anyone 'needs' some.




Alex joined us for dinner (rib eyes, corn on the cob, fruit) before heading out.  He's taking an early morning flight to Michigan for the Electric Forest festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment