Monday, June 27, 2022

 We actually got a little rain (I'd classify it as a "heavy sprinkle") after dinner last night, though not enough to make much of a difference.  It certainly didn't rinse off the very dirty oleanders in the jungle, where the hose won't reach.  Without all the accumulated dirt (made worse by the recent monsoon winds) they would look like this:


When I was checking on them this morning, I found this bird's nest about four feet off the ground.



Here it is, with my hand for scale:



It wasn't attached to the oleander, and lifted out easily for better photos.


From this view of the outside bottom it appears well constructed 
(unlike the dove 'nests' we keep finding.) 


After I snapped these photos I replaced it, just in case someone can use it again.  Hope that one of my birder friends can ID the bird who built it, which would give me a better idea if it's likely to be reused.




Had a delightful tune-up at the chiropractor today.  Don't think I mentioned that I tweaked things a bit on Friday morning just reaching up into the cabinet for a mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment