Tuesday, June 14, 2022

My 'good' foot, which has been giving me serious problems, got adjusted again at the chiropractor yesterday morning.  He knows exactly what's happening (it's hard for me to follow the explanation, but basically my hip is throwing off my arch) and I am trying to adjust how I sit/walk to make my aging body happier.  


While I was there waiting my turn (as always I arrived early) I finally heard back from Tim. Long story short: he is coming today to replace the pool pump!!! 

It's an understatement to say it will be wonderful to be able to clean the water (it's been MONTHS) since it is definitely swimming weather!  

Not so wonderful is the hefty price...


The COX tech was here for an hour yesterday afternoon, and after replacing a defective splitter in the box outside he was able to get the TV in the family room to work again.  However the one in the bedroom isn't getting a signal.  He thinks that the cable running through the attic needs a new splitter, but this time of year they are only permitted to go into attics between 8-10 am (though by then it would already be hot up there!)  At least that TV can still work via the Roku.

I was bummed that I couldn't watch/tape the January 6 hearings yesterday, but during the  afternoon/evening I watched MSN's take on the hearings and feel like I've gotten caught up on the proceedings. 

 I was unable to check on the baby birds most of the day because Mama dove had located them and was hanging out next to them.  She didn't seem to be feeding them, or actually 'doing' anything - but maybe she was simply on watch, fending off possible predators?

Around 6:00, when I noticed she had left (to eat?), I took advantage of the window of opportunity.  Sadly (but not surprisingly) the one with the neck injury was dead, but the other one seemed just fine.

First thing this morning, with no Mama in sight, I went out to check - but baby also nowhere in sight.  Either it's crawled off somewhere and is hidden by the dichondra - or something got to it.

With irrigation coming this evening I did the usual watering while I could still get to the hose.  And the Grand Experiment seems to have (finally) worked!


Guess it's been happier once I moved it into total shade - 


and with its mommies/daddies nearby to give it encouragement! 



Now it's time to shower and then head out to pick up Wanda.  I'm taking her to a doc appt today, and afterward there's a trip to the quilt store planned - 


as well as lunch out somewhere.






No comments:

Post a Comment