Thursday, August 24, 2017


Yesterday afternoon I made it up to the Party Pool (after fighting with my laptop the entire morning!) Keb, one of the current Camp Hosts, has been keeping and eye out for me since last summer, and was glad to finally connect; he wants me to introduce Sam McGee to Matt, one of the other Camp Hosts.



Cheryl, a long-time Valley View visitor, arrived yesterday afternoon.  She's been a home hospice care-giver for over 20 years, and once I leave (in just a week!) she will be helping out with Neil a few days a week to give Terry and Steve a little more flexibility.



After seeing the picture that Terry took of my "bites" (they did start out looking like a handful of red bumps) Cheryl thinks what appeared on the back of my leg a few days ago was not spider bites, but shingles.


So I did some research, and (judging from all the shingles pix I looked at) she may be right.  The good news is they are a LOT better.  The blisters never did open (drained inward?) and the raw feeling has receded.  Here's hoping they don't return!



Terry unloaded her camping gear yesterday while I was soaking, and throughout the day we both did lots of laundry. Today I plan to finish cleaning out the car as much as possible (though it will need a thorough detailing once I get home) so it will be ready to pack up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment