Friday, August 25, 2017

On yesterday's walk up to soak I wanted to take a photo of Ed's Donald shirt - but when I got out the camera it gave me the dreaded "change battery" message.




Having a dead camera was really disappointing when I started up the trail to the party pool.  A crew (of about 20 incoming freshman from Colorado College in Colorado Springs) was doing some badly-needed trail maintenance.


They had already fitted large rocks into the gaping ditch caused by all the torrential rains, and also laid logs across the path at a few spots to create a small step.  By the time I came back down around noon, when my stomach let me know it was time to eat, they had filled in around the rocks with dirt and then sprinkled over that with a little gravel.  Now it's a path again, instead of an ankle-twisting obstacle course. 



It was obvious that whoever was heading up the crew knew what he was doing; turned out to be Keb.  He did bring Matt (also helping direct the crew) over to introduce us - but we actually recognized each other from previous years.



Yesterday I spent the day babying my back.  I had tweaked it Wednesday using the roll 'sheet' (actually king-size pillow cases, which work better) that had been placed too low, so I had to twist my body to roll Neil. 



Yes, I know better, and was kicking myself.   It's been a long time since I put out my back so I guess I just got complacent. Much of the day I wasn't able to stand up straight, but the heating pad helped, and today it seems better.


No comments:

Post a Comment