Saturday, August 26, 2017

This morning I added an improvement to Neil's bathroom transfer from the wheelchair to the commode chair - but we were so busy resting on our laurels and congratulating ourselves that we didn't immediately slide the commode chair over the toilet.  And that was just the first of many things that didn't quite <g> go as we planned this morning. 


You know what they say: Pride Goeth Before A Fall!


On the plus side, Terry and I did laugh a lot at each new "crisis"!


It was noon before we got everything taken care of.  I headed up to soak, but first stopped off at the swimming pool to swim a (very) few laps.  Afterward I rewarded myself with 10 minutes of float time (and it practically took me that long to get onto that narrow but very inflated raft) to give the back of my legs a little sun time.  Several people did offer to help me get on, but what fun would that have been?



I got another very warm greeting up at the party pool; Julie and Kim were there, and Julie in particular was very excited to see me.  She fondly remembered the loan of my white gauze sunshirt last summer - as well as my rendition of Sam.  We definitely had some in depth conversations last year.  Our visiting was cut short because they still needed to have lunch and get moved in to their cabin, but assume I will see them tomorrow morning for another delightful visit.



Around 1:30 I decided I'd had enough sun, and had gotten out and dried off and was just about to head back to the house when Music Mark showed up.  So I was back in the water (with a sun hat, my sarong covering my shoulders, hunkering down in the rapidly disappearing shade.)  I got a wonderful massage; though my back is doing better, Mark definitely helped work out some of the leftover knots and kinks. 


Of course he brought his guitar with him to Valley View, and plans to play in the Oak House tonight.  When I 'complained' that the music usually starts around my bedtime, and suggested he come down to the house earlier in the evening to give Neil (and Terry and me) a private concert, he was amenable!



On my walk back to the house, I ran across some of the Colorado College "kids" and got a friendly hello.  Kira was wearing a great shirt, though my Hebrew is rusty enough without the added wrinkle of no vowels, so I did have to ask her what it says.


It's a transliteration of Colorado College...




I wondered if this car belongs to one of the college crew, but Terry says they all come up together in a big bus, so probably not.



Terry was busy putting up the Palisade peaches when I got back.  She insisted I grab a taste (and this was before she added anything!) and they are incredibly sweet!  That bowl is just a small portion of them.


One batch is already in the freezer, and these are waiting their turn to be processed!


I got my first lesson in blanching (30-40 seconds in boiling water),
and then look how easily they peel!




Mark stopped by to drop off his guitar (that way he said he can't 'forget' to come by and give us our  concert later) and he told us a little bit about the 40 acres that he recently bought between here and Crestone, from the Earth Art people. (Terry knew exactly where it is.)  Eventually he plans to build environmentally friendly houses from hemp-crete (impervious to mold) for folks with Epstein-Barre and Lyme disease.



No comments:

Post a Comment