Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tom spent much of yesterday afternoon working in the yard again (and I knew he wouldn't feel like making dinner) so I suggested going out to eat at nearby Padre Murphy's.  On our previous two visits we had very positive experiences there, so we had reasonable expectations.  However last night's waitress was such a disaster that if you'd seen it in a movie you wouldn't believe it.  


Our first clue was when she brought Tom's beer order and then had to ask me again what I wanted because she'd forgotten; it was a glass of water!  <g>  Without going into a long diatribe I will say it really was all downhill after that. So rapidly, in fact, that she might have been racing....



At one point (after an incredible number of mistakes) she told us that she was new to the job, but even so she really was totally unprepared and had no business waiting on customers.  (Of course it is a sportsbar, and she was young, blonde, and buxom.) At first Tom was able to laugh things off, but by the end he was so disgusted that he couldn't even talk to her, and made requests through me.  After dinner we popped across the parking lot and cheered him up with a banana royale at 31 Flavors.



Last night I finished (except for outlining the final letter N, which I'll do today) my latest baby bib.  Than I can bring it to Busy Bees on Wednesday in case Pennie, the proud Grandma, is there.

  

On Wednesday I'm also picking up Carol, who hasn't been able to attend a meeting since she broke her hip back in February.  It's great that she's finally recovered enough to get out and about.  So much so, in fact, that she even wants to make a 'detour' to shop at 35th Ave. after the meeting!



I've been very good about not complaining about my foot pain.  So much so that Tom 'saved' the front/back yards for me to mow (like I usually do), forgetting that I'm supposed to say off of my foot as much as possible for the next month.  That being said, would anyone be surprised that he never even noticed me limping (badly!) the first several weeks?  Not very observant... but then he's probably not the only husband like that?



No comments:

Post a Comment