Sunday, October 11, 2015

I spent much of the morning over at the guest house, and now the last load of sheets/towels is in the dryer, the dishwasher has been run and floors swept - so we're ready for the next guests to arrive.  In between all that I worked in the front yard, trimming and watering.  There's (always) more to do out there, but I decided that it's too warm to do anything else out there this afternoon.  

So I used my time wisely <g> and worked on the pix from yesterday.  This was the stunning quilt that greeted us when we walked in.




There are lots of cowboys up in Payson, 
and no doubt this wall-hanging was much appreciated.


The 'barbed wire' was well done, and I especially liked the 3D flowers.



Of course I thought of Linda when I saw this Sunbonnet Sue.  First time I've seen the skirts done like this - it was a "why didn't I think of that" moment!


The flowers were also a nice touch.



This quilt made me think of Tracy.  
But really - who doesn't like mermaids?



These koi were stunning -






Something a little different: Tree of Life



Cute boots - and the yellow sticker denotes this was entered in the Novice category.  I see a great future for this quilt maker!



The title of this whimsical quilt is Our Family Tree is Full of Nuts.



Phoenix Beauty is an original embroidery inspired by a picture.




This is a Row Robin (each row done by a different person.)


I especially like the 3D centers of the Dresden Plates.



This raffle quilt could come live at my house if it wants!  
(Hard to see the beautiful quilting in the white centers.)



livestock brands



According to the label, these are ribbons that the mule in the center has won!



Sometimes when I'm taking pictures I get lucky and the quilter is there. 
Wish my picture also showed the beautiful quilting. 



A wonderful tribute to the quilter's dogs.



I've rarely seen a MOO quilt that I didn't like since they are always so creative - and this was no exception.


The whisk udders were too funny...



And here's a moose of a different color....



Lily's Prince Charming was made for a 6-year-old granddaughter.



My photos never do the quilts justice -


but you know it's wonderful since it captured this award!



I have a fondness for black and white and red quilts - 
and this focus fabric was beautiful.



Wonderful sentiments in this embroidered quilt -



Who Loves You, Baby - for BANA (assuming she read this far...)



This was in the 35th Ave. booth - and made me think of Andy.



And this stunning one-of-a-kind was in Gina Perkes' booth.
(FYI The blue pattern on the left is called Storm At Sea.)


Gina made it for her mother, who was more than happy to tell me all about it.


Gina's son, who was in elementary school at the time, made the whale for his contribution to his grandmother's quilt.


The details in the quilt are just gorgeous - but then Gina's quilts always are!




And now you've had a taste of the quilt show.  Anyone get inspired?


No comments:

Post a Comment