Sunday, October 11, 2015

The four of us (on the way Colleen picked up Stephanie and Ruth in Scottsdale) had a delightful day yesterday at the show in Payson.  There were so many wonderful quilts to gawk at, though not as many vendors as expected. (That, however, was fine, because I had decided I didn't need to buy anything... and I didn't!)  


Pretty sure that I recognized some of the quilts from the June (?) show up in Strawberry/Pine... but that didn't keep me from enjoying them all over again! 


I had made sure that my camera battery was fully charged in anticipation.  What I hadn't planned for <sigh> was that after just a few pix my memory card was full.  


So I was scrambling to delete some older (and hopefully not needed) pix to make room.  I still need to resize/crop/flip them (later today?) and then I can start posting for everyone to enjoy.



We lunched at Macky's, and then once back in the valley we decided we should check out the newest quilt store, Scottsdale Quilts.  Stephanie had picked up a card at their booth at the show (which has a map on it) and she had also gotten verbal directions.  Even with all that help we still had tremendous trouble finding it.  It's a delightful store, and we were glad we didn't give up looking. But the unfortunate truth is that they are definitely NOT going to get any 'drive by' traffic, and we will not be surprised if they're closed in a year.  After all, look what just happened to the Goodyear store.


No comments:

Post a Comment