Sunday, July 12, 2015

Yesterday's cactus creation party at Colleen's was fun.  The five of us made assorted progress as we shared our fabrics.  Yolanda snapped these pix of us, hard at work!  (And I only almost sliced myself with the rotary cutter once, Mom.)


Pat used batiks, and hers is sure turning out beautiful; 
it's definitely hard to go wrong with batiks!


I incorporated more brights in mine 
(and, obviously, didn't get quite as far as she did!):


We have planned another sewing get-together at Colleen's on August 22, 
when we all SHOULD have our tops done, right?


Which reminds me... when Ruth brought this top to Foothills on Wednesday, I noticed that she wasn't about to anger the gods with a perfect quilt.  But until I pointed that out to her, she hadn't noticed. So just to make it clear, ladies, this is what happens when you work too far into the night, trying to finish up!  


At least it isn't quilted yet, which makes it a reasonably easy fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment