Thursday, July 30, 2015

Long e-mail from Tracy awaiting me this morning, but sadly the news about Miss Betty isn't good.  Unless things change drastically it's not likely that I'm going to get to see her again.

This morning I only got in 1/4 mile swim before folks started showing up (early) to play in the pool. Rather than try and dodge them I went for a soak, and had a very pleasant conversation with Marty, a woman from San Diego.  Then, since I never had run into John and Charlie Jean yesterday (and knew they were planning to leave today) I stopped in at the Welcome Center where Doug checked the computer to find out where they were camping or staying.  From the info I had it looked like Sunset 1, so I walked back up there - but the room had already been vacated.  One of the women up there said they'd left early to catch a plane.  I was disappointed, but having learned their last name I thought I could do an internet search and find her Houston gallery.  Which I did... except that an e-mail to their address listed on the site came back as undeliverable. 

But later, loading up Terry's car with the recycling, Doug came by and said that John had left his card for me in the Welcome Center before they left.  It has the same e-mail that didn't work, but once I'm home I can try calling them, or, as a last resort, snail-mailing them.

Terry has gifted me yards and yards of fabric (dolphin and whale panels) she bought years ago to make  some curtains for Lucia.  Since that never happened, she wondered if I could use it.  There is enough fabric to make a LOT of quilts, and I'm thinking of sharing with several of my quilting friends and see how creative we can all be. 

We went to town in both vehicles because after lunch Terry and I were going to stay in town and run errands while Tom would drive Neil back here.  Tom and I got to Salida 20 minutes before the scheduled rendezvous time, so we stopped in at at small book/gift store to kill some time.  Long story short: there was a knife distributor in there selling some very nice Damascus steel blades to the store owner, Tom mentioned that he makes knives, I pulled out one of his cards, they looked at the knife on the card and asked if he had any with him (of course), Tom brought out his case at which point the two men drooled over the knives, and then each guy bought several - AND each one definitely wants more.

Lunch at the Firefly was delicious, though it did take a very long time to get served.  Afterward the guys left to head home, and Terry and I ran a whole bunch of errands.  I got the 'needed' marbles, beads, and treasure rocks to throw into the party pool this weekend (I used up the stash I bought last week) but the hat store (which had exactly the wide visor Terry has been looking for displayed in their window, but which was closed last Wednesday) was gone... as in the store was emptied, with no sign as to a new location.  To (sort of) make up for it we saw a doe and her fawn nibbling in someone's front yard.  We did get to shop today at the Bungled Jungle (fun place!) which was closed on Wednesdays; I couldn't afford their one-of-a-kind art pieces, but did buy a tee shirt.  

Our last stop was the grocery store, and then on the way out of town we stopped at a fruit stand for some palisade peaches.  We had seen the guy on our way into town, but since it was so late in the afternoon we were worried he might be gone.

Long day - it was after 6:00 by the time we got back, and of course we still had to unload all the stuff we'd bought and put it away - so now just going to kick back and relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment