Thursday, September 5, 2013

SHANA TOVA - Apples and Honey, for a Sweet New Year!



For those of you keeping track, year 5774 started at sundown last night.  

I picked up Tom at the airport last evening (I arrived just before it got dark, so of course he had to drive home), and Alex stopped by after work (with Tanner) to drop off Tom's truck.  I had made a roast in the crock post, and between the 4 of us we pretty much polished it off.  No leftovers - again!  

Then it was time to open my birthday cards and gifts.  (A big Thank You to all the folks who sent me Happy Birthday e-mails and FB messages!)  

Marilyn and Don gave me a hefty book, Shantaram, that should keep me busy for quite some time, Andy and Sandy found a wonderful penguin <g> towel for me, and Mom sent the ever-popular check.  Alex has been after me since I started at the gym to get an iPod to listen to music while I work out, and his gift was the cutest mini (not much larger than a quarter!) to wear on my wrist.  
Of course I won't be able to use it until he comes back over and sets it up for me, but I'm looking forward to listening to some NPR podcasts to pass the time.  Who knows? Instead of Driveway Moments, maybe I'll have a lot of Stairmaster moments?

Alex ended the evening blowing our shofar - he gave a pretty impressive performance!


Just thought I'd share my pix of the neighbor's happy horses - 
whenever they hear our lawn mower they head for the fence!



No comments:

Post a Comment