Sunday, September 1, 2013

Jeannie invited me along to lunch with her quilting friend Vicki at Pita Jungle at Norterra.  Turned out Vicki had also brought along a quilting friend, Peggy.  It goes without saying that the 4 of us had a delicious lunch, but in the course of our conversation we discovered that all 4 of us are breast cancer survivors.

Afterwards we shopped next door at Charming Charlie (FUN store - wonder if Lisa has been there, and plan to bring Mom here during her visit next month) where I bought a bracelet that matches the dress I'm wearing to J&P's wedding next month.

Once we got back I had Jeannie look at my Ohio Star quilt (my first one, made in the 80s, before I knew the difference between good and cheap fabrics!)  The black sashing was obviously cheap fabric, because it's basically rotting everywhere, while the blocks themselves are just fine.  I had thought maybe she could just re-quilt over the sashings with black thread, but her suggestion ('applique' new sashings on top, and quilt those) makes a lot more sense.

Of course no telling when I'll get around to that!




No comments:

Post a Comment