Friday, September 13, 2013

I was just finishing up steaming my Word Wizard robe (it had a few too many wrinkles in it) when the phone rang.  (You'd think by now I'd know better than to answer the phone when I'm getting ready to walk out the door, but apparently not.)  

The caller was from Dr. Glouberman's office, needing updated info on Tom's health insurance.  He has an appointment next week, and of course when the office tried to run the old insurance (which Tom dropped when he signed up for Medicare on his recent landmark birthday) it didn't go through.  

Since I don't have that info I said I'd have him call back on Monday.  She said Tom could just leave a message on her extension, so then I needed to know what they needed to know.  Long story short(er), by the time I got off of the phone I was dashing out the door, running a couple of minutes late (luckily the school is only a mile from here) and was in the car when I realized I'd forgotten my hat.  Ran back inside, grabbed it, and it wasn't until I pulled into the parking lot at the school that I realized I'd also forgotten my magic wand (which was on the couch right next to the hat, so don't know how that happened.)  Luckily one of the kindergarten teachers had one to loan me.
My get-up is still a work-in-progress, but this is how it finished up last year, and started out this year:
The kids were all thrilled to see me, although I didn't hit every class today because some of them were testing and (due to some misunderstandings) other teachers hadn't signed up yet.  Still it was a fun morning, although I was quite warm; who knew that a flimsy nylon (graduation) gown could hold in so much heat?

I had to drop-off and pick-up at books the library afterwards, and wore it in.  The librarians liked it (my bottom border is Nancy Drew books fabric, like one of their displays.) All the kids were enchanted, especially one little boy in a Superman shirt when I pointed out that the comic on my back was Superman.

Nothing else scheduled for this afternoon except making a hefty late-afternoon dinner.

On this Day of Atonement, may your fast be an easy one!


No comments:

Post a Comment