Monday, November 19, 2012

Yesterday was productive - I finished up another set of 9 blocks for Z&B's wedding quilt.  Not sure how many blocks I actually need (now I have 36), but at least I'm getting closer!


And speaking of yesterday...
It was a Bad Hair Day.  (That doesn't happen when you're bald!)  My hair is now about 1 1/2 inches 'long', and I must have slept on it really funny because it was sticking up EVERYWHERE!  (Should have taken a picture for your enjoyment; Alex sure got a laugh.) I finally got around to my shower in the afternoon, after which it behaved considerably better.  But it definitely is not doing the 'stick straight thing' of my first 6 decades.  I see taming issues ahead.  Not like in the 60s (and 70s, and 80s....) when I just let it hang.

  This was photo taken in the spring of '67, when I was still 16.  Recognize me?

In the Bummer News Dept: the hot tub is having issues, and is currently out of commission.  I sure have been enjoying my early morning soaks (can almost pretend I'm up at the hot springs in Colorado, watching the deer graze around the natural pools.)  

This is one of the most peaceful spots I know!

The temp was just about perfect when a couple of days ago Alex (and Stephanie) decided it was too hot and turned it down (as if it would cool off in any meaningful time frame.)  Before they closed it up he thoughtfully turned it back up - to 105, which is little too toasty, even for me!  So I've been nudging the dial down (sure would be nice to have digital controls!) and yesterday it was too low - only 92.  But the jets and blowers weren't working, so I was afraid there were deeper issues.  Sure enough, this morning it's even colder, which means the heater is not working (even though the light says it is.)  Guess it's time to call the repairman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment