Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just minutes after I last posted I got a phone call from Jan wondering if it would be a good time to swing by with her granddaughters (Macy age 2, and Sienna age 4) to meet Pokey.   

First the girls were mesmerized by my penguin cabinet (I have a lot of penguins......) right inside the door, and then Lisa heard little girl voices and came out and offered to introduce them to Lemma.



Pokey was still a major hit (she always is.)





When it was time to come inside I brought out the blocks so the adults could talk for a few minutes.  What kid doesn't love blocks???


Or boxes!  There was a segment on the news last night talking about how parents were out shopping and spending BIG bucks on expensive toys when kids are often more excited about the boxes than what's inside them.  (We all have photos of that, right?)  The news showed a pre-school where the teacher got rid of all the 'real' toys and brought in boxes - and you should have seen the creative things the kids made!  But most surprising was the fact that none of the kids complained about the missing toys.  See article here:

And when Jan found out there were emus on the next corner, she and the girls drove by on their way to pick up their other grandmother.  (I had told Sienna that the birds were bigger than she was, but I don't think she believed me until she saw them!)
Sadly Jan was in a time crunch and the girls couldn't get out of the car this time.... but I'm sure they'll be back!

Needless to say I still haven't gotten much accomplished today, but that probably doesn't surprise you, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment