Monday, November 12, 2012

Exciting news today from one of my Foothills Quilters friends, Butch Sala.   She wrote:
"Just got home from the mountains and Payson, Arizona and the Rim Country Quilt Roundup. Won four awards: First Place for Large Traditional Quilt, Ponderosa Piecers Special Award (a Payson quilt guild), a Viewers' Choice, and best of all, an Arizona Quilters Hall of Fame Award! I will be inducted into the Arizona Quilters Hall of Fame at a luncheon next year. Here's a picture of me and 3 of the ribbons -- the blue one is on the left side on the quilt, out of the picture."

When I asked Butch for her permission to post about it on my blog, she wanted to make sure that the quilter got the proper recognition. "Oh I would be more than honored! I do have to give all due credit to the machine quilter, Donna Patrick of Mount Carmel, TN, whose machine artistry brought it to life!"

It truly is a beautiful quilt, and I'm pretty sure she's trying to sell it if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment