Friday, November 30, 2012

I was in bed reading at 9:15 last night when the doorbell rang.  Naturally I assumed it was Alex who (once again) had forgotten his key after going off with friends, so I was feeling annoyed when I went to the door.... but it turned out to be UPS, leaving a package.

And so

I got a LOT of stuff done yesterday, so I felt pretty productive: paid a bunch of bills, made about a zillion phone calls (glad to cross a whole bunch of stuff off of that list) and also mucked off my desk (the nice thing about that is that it actually shows!)

The exterminator was scheduled for the morning, so I vacuumed and also got the leaves off of the front porch and driveway  (that almost filled half a big green barrel!)  In between doing 'real' stuff I prowled through cabinets and boxes of fabric and found some more goodies for my Reading Wizard costume and mom's giraffe vest.

Plus in my 'spare time' I made it up to Level 14 (no easy feat!)
on Word Welder
plus figured out several more games (at the highest level) of Flow Free...
only 3 more boards to go!
(Got Lisa hooked on that game when she was home recently...
she added it to her phone.)

Today the computer guru is coming over to help me muck out my hard drive.  
Their shop is close by, and they know us - every time over the years that I've brought my computer in to be 'rescued' I've always been so grateful that (in addition to paying their very reasonable fees) I've baked them brownies.  So guess what I'm going to do after I finish posting this morning?
(and obviously this is not my oven... it's way too clean!)

The guy at Walgreens' photo department laughed when I told him that I don't have 2 gigs of space left to do what I want with a home DVD (sadly they can't do it either) but hopefully after today I'll have lots (and lots?) of new empty space.  I know there must be a ton of stuff that could be uninstalled to make room, but I am afraid (very afraid!) to start messing around in there. 
 I would most likely end up deleting stuff necessary to run programs I do use - none of the stuff is labeled in any way, shape or form to make sense to a technology immigrant like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment