Wednesday, November 21, 2012


I've just started reading Lost Antarctica by James McClintock.  After I heard an interview with the author on NPR I put it on my library list, and finally floated to the top of the list. The trip just to get to Antarctica is no easy feat - I can't imagine spending a winter in such cold and isolation!  But he obviously loves what he does, and seeing penguins would be great bonus!


And who knows....I might even run into penguins with opinions...

Looks like a traffic jam

So....
I'm not prepared to answer that question because I don't think I can count that high!

If you need more of a penguin 'fix', check out my Penguins on Parade board on Pinterest, where you'll find over 200 pins.

I've really got to get going and be productive in the kitchen today - rumor has it that tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  But in the interest of letting Lisa sleep in (she arrived last night) I'm putting it off.  Don't want to be banging around and making noise while she's trying to get better.  
I remember my first year teaching, when being sick and feeling lousy was the norm.  One morning my kids kept coming up to me and telling me they didn't feel well.  I sent them to the nurse, and she sent them home.  At lunch time I thought I'd pop in and see the nurse - and turned out I was running a fever of 102.  At that  point (after getting 'validation' for how crappy I felt) I just put my head down on my desk for the rest of the afternoon and told the kids to read, or color, or 'whatever'.  The next day I stayed home - and so did virtually my entire class... only 3 showed up!  Seems that we all caught the same bug at the same time - most likely from the same person!

But she loves her teaching job: the kids, the folks with whom she works, etc.  She just has to get through this crappy year of building up her immunity.
Next year will be better! 

Which has been my mantra for all of 2012, because

although I am definitely not complaining since it could have been so much worse!

So to end on a happy note

Maybe these will help.



Did this wedding really take place in a funeral home???

Hey dude, doncha know that

No comments:

Post a Comment