Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekend started on Friday

 
Yesterday the kids and I lunched at the Wildflower Bread Company, and, as always, it was delicious (no surprise there!)  Instead of my usual salad I ended up with a hot sandwich that just sounded too good to pass up: turkey pastrami with mango slaw.  Turned out to be an excellent choice.  Afterward the kids opted for dessert (I would have passed on that - really!) and brought me a slice of some decadent chocolate cake that was RICH. Then we headed across the parking lot to the movies.  There hadn't been much to choose from, but Horrible Bosses turned out to be quite entertaining.
While there were certainly no real surprises in the plot itself, it turned out to be well written and we laughed (out loud) a lot. 

Later in the evening we had flood irrigation, which given the heat lately was greatly appreciated by everything green (or trying to be!) This morning Pokey should really be enjoying her bi-weekly swim, although the water has already soaked in quite a bit already, not unusual this time of year.  Yesterday (before irrigation) after some watermelon got juice all over her face and she ended up with pieces of lettuce stuck near her eye I rinsed her off.  She obviously liked that since she stuck her neck out as far as it will go (and that is surprisingly far!) to let the shower hit as much of her as possible.

Plan for the weekend is to work on my Nesting Robin; the last row is due at Quilting on Wednesday...and I haven't even started yet!  In truth I still haven't actually decided between several possibilities.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Since
for now I'll just say

No comments:

Post a Comment