Friday, August 19, 2011

I was having a pretty productive day.

First I got the pool cleaned up after yesterday's wind/dust storm, emptied and cleaned all the filters, and then filled the pool to the brim before irrigation tonight.  (When the yard is under water, it's a mess trying to drag the hose over to fill it.)  I got some housework done, and then mowed the rest of the property.  We've apparently got a serious gopher problem now, so there were places I had to rake out piles of excavated dirt before I could actually mow.

Also did a bunch of other piddly things, but finally decided I should bite the bullet and do the last section of the schoolhouse block.  
 This involved using up all of my 'stonework' fabric for the steps - and ultimately turned out to be a waste of time and fabric.  I have NO IDEA what I did wrong, but the bottom line is it's not useable (think M.C. Escher) so I'm still no closer to a finished product, plus now I'm just plain aggravated!

While I'm feeling sorry for myself, I might as well mention that I have to let the irrigation water go "tonight" at 3:05 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment