Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer is almost over???

Patti stopped by this morning for a visit.  Time is running out - she goes back to work on Thursday (school starts here on August 15th) and it seems like we hardly got to spend time together this summer.
 I did show her some things with Google Images that she'll be able to use at work. We're going to spend her 'last day' Wednesday at the movies - The Help opens that day.  Book was excellent, and the cast/previews look promising. 

This afternoon I went to visit Marty, and take her a 'hope you feel better' gift.  We also discussed a quilt I'm planning, with some applique fabric I recently got (thanks, Monecha!)  My plan is to make 6 sampler blocks to go with the 6 'applique' blocks.  I have several burgundy fabrics that will work, but need some greens and a neutral.
Carol lives next door to Marty, so next I stopped in there to pick up my thermorest cushion (left it there when we went to visit Marty on her birthday), and Carol decided she 'needed' to take a break from her sewing and go to the 'new' fabric store with me.  So off we went.  I found 3 great greens
and a stunning neutral - it actually has some greens and pink in it, but it's hard to tell in the picture
Next step is to decide on which six 12" blocks I want to make for the sampler.  Of course I still need to make my next Nesting Robin row (due on Wednesday) and which I still haven't started....wish I could say I work better under pressure, but don't think that's really the case.  

I enjoyed the first 2 assignments, but maybe because I haven't been as thrilled with the later ones I'm just having trouble getting started. At least I finally decided on a plan of action this morning, and this afternoon I drafted a pattern (after all attempts at resizing the paper-piecing pattern failed) so I'm actually ready to go.

Note: When I got home at 2:40 Alex was still asleep! 
Good thing I woke him up, because he checked his work schedule and he needed to be at work at 4:00.  There was a bit of a crisis because his work clothes weren't clean.  Laundry has been on the agenda for some time....  (He does - or should I say doesn't? - do his own laundry.)  Mom came to the rescue this time, and he went off in presentable fashion.
And now that the laundry is done, I'm (finally!) off to sew.  Watch for reports of progress on Nesting Robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment