Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mug Rug

Today I spent a fair amount of time looking at my Nesting Robin pieces on my design wall, and thinking of how to put them together.  At this point I'm still waffling between two rather different ideas.

So in the end I decided (after the schoolhouse block debacle) that I'd rather spend my time on something I could see immediate progress on.  I pulled out my various bee fabrics to play with, and planned my Mug Rug for the Busy Bee exchange at the holiday party in December.  I already knew I wanted each side (one for the mug, the other for an accompanying goodie) to be different.

Once I decided on my two blocks, and what fabrics went where, things moved along quickly.  Haven't quite finished the binding (need a refresher from Linda on Tuesday so I don't get a lump when I join the two ends together) but you can get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment