Thursday, August 4, 2011

Still hot here

So Lisa and I did today's car shopping in the morning.  This time she checked out the Ford Focus, which had lots of bells and whistles that appealed to her... like the fact that it can parallel park itself! 

 
The annual Hot Weather Limmerick contest in the AZ Republic recently ended.  The actual winner won't be unveiled until Sunday, although the past few days some of the close-but-no-cigar entries have been printed.  I enter every year, and always hope to find mine in print; although so far that hasn't happened, I do keep trying.  Can't find the entry I submitted in 2010 (too bad since I think it was one of my better attempts), but here's my 2011 one:
In Phoenix we're under the gun,
'Cause summer is really no fun;
    Still we'd rather live here,
    And deal with the sear,
Since you don't have to shovel the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment