Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lisa finally in flight :-)

We headed to the airport at 6:00 am. this morning since we hadn't gotten any notice of cancellation... although we both checked online this morning before heading out.   (Last night I dreamed that because my watch stopped I was wrong about the time, got the airport late, and she missed her flight.  Do you think getting her back to school has been on my mind?)  

I was a little concerned when there was NO line at the Southwest curbside check-in kiosk.  In fact the guy actually came over to the car to help unload her suitcases - but that could be because we got there an hour before flight time.  (I am, after all, my father's daughter.)  So I was glad to see that her flight did take off on time.  However the plane does make a stop in Denver, which means there's still a chance of delay.  The news on TV is full of Irene in NY, but nothing about how badly Baltimore got hit overnight. 


In the Other News You May Not Care About Department: Last night was a full week since my toe stubbing incident.  The bruising and swelling has subsided considerably, and is not that evident any more.  However, my foot still aches.  I'll give it another week (just how long should a broken toe hurt?) hoping that the pain disappears and I miss the 2-week 'anniversary' completely.

Yesterday Patti came over and we watched A Big Hand for The Little Lady, which she'd never seen before.  
It's a wonderful old movie from 1966, with an impressive cast: Henry Fonda, Joanne Woodward, Jason Robards, Burgess Meredith, Paul Ford, and others - I highly recommend that you put it on your Netflix list.  The acting is superb, the plot is full of twists and turns (Patti was sure she knew what would happen at each juncture but kept getting surprised... I made the same assumptions the first time I watched it) and the denouement at the end is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment