Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fabric Sale!

I am SO not a shopper - except at a craft fair or fabric store.  The big fabric store here, 35th Ave., sent out an e-mail notice yesterday that they are moving (sending everyone into a panic until it was discovered that they are merely moving into a larger facility in the same strip mall) and that today, tomorrow and Saturday everything in the store will be on sale.  So of course I had to head on over first thing this morning, right?  They were certainly organized, with an assembly-line type of set-up, so things moved right along despite the huge (but very happy) crowd in the same frame of mind.
Remember the BOM drawing that I mentioned winning at Foothills?  When Carol saw them she said she had the perfect blocks to go with them, and gave me some wonderful redwork blocks she'd done. I put them together like this, although never quite finished with the black sashing.
 Still deciding what to do for the borders, but think I found the perfect fabrics this morning.
Should be fun to work on during the heat of the summer and remind myself of cooler climes!

In addition to a half dozen other fabric purchases, I also got the Double Diamond ruler (the result is very striking, and Linda's demo at Foothills made it look easy enough to do - we shall see!

Thought for the day:
A bus station is where a bus stops. 
A train station is where a train stops. 
On my desk, I have a work station.

No comments:

Post a Comment