Friday, June 10, 2016

Yesterday I played with some of my new fun chicken fabric (purchased when I was in Prescott last weekend) which should make a cute charity quilt for a kid at the shelter.  The rails are from fabrics in my stash (no problem there!)


We already knew that for every hour we spend working on the charity projects the state gives the shelter cash.  But we found out at Foothills on Wednesday that instead of the $5/hour we thought, it's actually <gasp> $22



In sadder news, I found out that morning that despite June's son's assessment when I visited her on Wednesday that she'd improved over the past couple of days, the hospital has "declared her not able to recover from her medical situation" and yesterday she was moved to Hospice of the Valley.  Though not surprising at her age (92) it's still sad.




No comments:

Post a Comment