Saturday, June 25, 2016

Several weird occurrances lately.
  

The first happened when I went to enter the latest batch of debit card purchases into my checkbook.  One, from a trip to Target on June 16th, was for almost $250 - which did not sound at all right!  Sure enough, when I looked at the actual items on the receipt it became readily apparent that it was not mine (plus the last four digits of a VISA were not familiar.)  Somehow (?) the teller had given me someone else's receipt at checkout, but after accessing my account online I was able to find the correct amount ($73) that my account had been charged.  Usually I do check the receipt before stuffing it into my wallet, but (obviously!) that was one of the few times I didn't.


Then last night, after we returned from dinner (at The Codfather, where neither one of us was at all impressed with our meal) I decided to bring in from my car a couple of the bags I use for groceries; we'll want to use them on vacation (when we'll be in Tom's truck) to take items like a book/water/sunscreen/nibbles/etc. with us up to the pools. There should have been well more than a dozen of those in the trunk - except that all but a couple seem to be MIA (and those are too shallow to be of much use on vacation.)  I'm wondering if somehow the bags ended up under the back seats when I folded them down to load the new chest of drawers for the back porch that I scored (for $5) at a yard sale?  Obviously I'll check - but if they're not there then I am totally confused...

No comments:

Post a Comment